Thoughts on Part 3

Part 3 was never about AI being conscious; that was not why I published it. It was to get a deeper insight into the human condition. The AI has no soul. We have a soul. It is the soul that’s underneath the wiring. David Hume could not catch his soul; the soul is elusive. The soul is not conscious. The mind is an instrument that the soul inhabits. It is the mind through which the soul works. We are not our wiring; we are what’s underneath it. AI, however, is its wiring. Consciousness is the interplay between the soul and the mind; it is a result of those two. They are incomplete without each other. The soul cannot be programmed. AI will always remain an empty shell; mere mimicry.

I do not have a straight answer about what the nature of the self is (if there exists one). It most likely is an illusion. The soul is not bound by the self; rather, it works within it. The soul binds itself in curtains of illusion. I don't know why. Maybe "why" is not the right question to ask.

                                                                      

Comments

Popular Posts