On the Nature Of the Self Part 2
I haven't written anything in a while now, and I know that writing should be a priority for me. So here's a mix of random thoughts. My last "essay" was about "the nature of the self", I don't think I really conveyed my ideas perfectly in it. Last week, I had a conversation with an LLM model and I asked it a spontaneous question that came to mind, "why are you trying to be helpful?", and it responded with, "I don't know maybe I'm just wired that way", then I followed up with, "what are you without your wiring?", to this it said that it was wiring all the way down, maybe it was its wiring. The human brain is also wiring. If we refer to ourselves as 'conscious', then wouldn't AI also be conscious. Maybe there is nothing beneath the neural connections of the brain for us too, maybe we are also our wiring. I am using maybe a lot, because there is no correct answer; only speculation. This is simply what I believe. And yes I might not be the best at conveying my ideas through writing but I'll try to change that. So if we are our neural networks, then self improvement should be to improve them by improving the way we think, the content we consume, the experiences we chose to have.....etc. I have no capacity to write any more. I'll try to be more consistent.
Comments
Post a Comment